The silence almost kills me. I think a million things but they all seem to be about Draco. Something seems strange, but I can't put my finger on it. I hear him whisper softly "Pearrrrl, something in me is thinking that was not just a thank you kiss. Here." He clips a small locket around my neck. And kiss's my neck softly laugh then the sound of the door being opened is heard. "Drrrraco!" A firm but kindly voice is heard at the top of the stairs. "There is more than one set of shoes and one pairrr is one that is a girls." I wince. Yes my horribly awfully black boots. Since being in space requires little to no walking everyone tends to wear shoes that are pretty, not practical. Mine are no exception. Draco takes my hand "Come you must meet my mama." We float up the stairs. There in the door way is a tall gorgeous woman. Her hair is inter space black so black it looks faintly blue and her skin is a deep olive toned. She wears a Blue suit. Classy just like her son. Draco, I notice wears a black button up shirt not buttoned all the way up and blue jeans. Funny lately I've been actual been trying to look good. I wear a green dress with jeans underneath. The dress looks like its from the 50's its a dinner dress. Earth trends are soooo much fun. "Drrrrrrrrraco." His mom basically purrs. "I see you have a lady friend over." She winks at me. He flashes dazzling white teeth at me and squeezes my hand. "Are you going to introduce me?" His Mom asks. "Ahhh yess Mama this is..." He hesitates he knows I hate my name. See everyone up here is born after a constellation, except for me. I guess I' not the only one but it sure feels like it. Its just another thing to show that I don't belong here. "This mama is Indus." He flashes me another grin. So he was listening all the times I talked about how the government played the Indus people. I blink and relish how much I love Draco. Hes a friend and maybe, just maybe a date. I squeeze his hand in mine. "actually my name is pearl." I say. Whoa where did that come from?
When I get home I take off my boots and hang up my keys. "Pearl!" Urisa's voice ring from the kitchen. Urisa's my auntie. Urisa had this fear of space but after the bang occurred she wouldn't go back to earth so we got stuck here. Urisa's great but she's overly paranoid. "Theres Glorp log in the friege if you want." She yells over her soap opera. I open the friege and reach in. Yuck! Urisa loves this stuff they call food. I pull out the Glorp log. Its green and deep blue. I can't eat it though. I can't eat at all. I float to my room. I turn the anti-grav off and sit down on my bed. One thing I have to credit Urisa for is she sure can plan a room. Mine is space style, well sort of. There are these little folded stars above my door and my bed is a full moon shape. Urisa ever bought me my own mini dome that I can look out at and see the stars. I have a holo-gramer in my room and unlike every other teen in space never use it. Today I turn it on. I type in the music I want to hear. Its stars giving of micro-waves. I love it. Really you have to listen closely to it to hear anything. I start when my holo-gramer rings. "Pearrrrrrl? Is this thing on?" Draco is there in front of me. Well his hologram is. "Yah it is." I say "Pearrrl would you like to be coming to dinerrrrrrrrr with my family? Tomorrow night?" tomorrows Friday. I have to hid a smile "yes sure." I say. "grrrreat." He pur's. I flop on to my bed. Its almost the lunar season. I always get depressed around the lunar season. I sit on my bed and cry. "The holo-grammer rings again. It's Arion. My best friend. I haven't seen him lately because we are in different clas's and I have been spending my lunches with Draco. Arion 's body is projected into my room. "Pearl?" He ask's. He see's me crying and his little clone like hologram disappears. I just cry harder. I hear a tap on the little dome of my bedroom. The hatch opens and in steps Arion. His sandy blond hair looks wind swept and perfect. "Pearl, don't do this to your self." He whispers and steps closer to my bed. I just burst out with more tears. Sobbing all over the place. "Pearl snap out of it!" He yells. "Please!" The room grows cold and I can hear a slowing heart beat. The walls swim around and I can't focus. Arion has me in his arms. Gently he rocks me back and forth and I quiet down. "Pearl, please." I can tell he's thinking about the time I was hospitalized. The room still wont focus. I gasp for air like I would if I hadn't had my oxygen shot. I start to burn up hotter than the sun. I can tell his is having trouble holding me because I'm radiating so much heat. But I can't let go. Somehow he continues to hold on. We both know where this is going. It's not the first time I've got this depressed. Throwing open the hatch he drags me out into space. His rough hands slowly move in circles on my back until I breath properly. Holding on to my hand he genlty pulls me too a warp hole. We speed threw space and time ending up on a little planet with grass. We sit together under a large tree. "Pearl?" He asks after I have stopped crying. "I'm ok I say and stand up." That one movement so simple and easy tip's my world and I land in his arms.
I wake up and Arions staring into my eyes. "focus." He whispers and I stare deep into his eyes. He's close, close enough to feel his breath on my cheek. He's breathing hard. I reslise he has done this before. Every time I get like this he's here keeping me from diving over the edge. "Pearl look in to my eyes. Now calm down." His voice is soft and caring. I reach my arms up around his neck, and hug him close. He draws me closer. "Pearl, I have never told you...." He trails off and gazes away. I look deeper into his eyes. He moves closer and kiss's me. I freeze. No way could this be happening. But it does. We kiss sweetly and softly. "Pearrrrrrrl?" I hear Dracos voice coming from just behind me. "Oh crap" I say and turn around.
Pearls out fit
When I get home I take off my boots and hang up my keys. "Pearl!" Urisa's voice ring from the kitchen. Urisa's my auntie. Urisa had this fear of space but after the bang occurred she wouldn't go back to earth so we got stuck here. Urisa's great but she's overly paranoid. "Theres Glorp log in the friege if you want." She yells over her soap opera. I open the friege and reach in. Yuck! Urisa loves this stuff they call food. I pull out the Glorp log. Its green and deep blue. I can't eat it though. I can't eat at all. I float to my room. I turn the anti-grav off and sit down on my bed. One thing I have to credit Urisa for is she sure can plan a room. Mine is space style, well sort of. There are these little folded stars above my door and my bed is a full moon shape. Urisa ever bought me my own mini dome that I can look out at and see the stars. I have a holo-gramer in my room and unlike every other teen in space never use it. Today I turn it on. I type in the music I want to hear. Its stars giving of micro-waves. I love it. Really you have to listen closely to it to hear anything. I start when my holo-gramer rings. "Pearrrrrrl? Is this thing on?" Draco is there in front of me. Well his hologram is. "Yah it is." I say "Pearrrl would you like to be coming to dinerrrrrrrrr with my family? Tomorrow night?" tomorrows Friday. I have to hid a smile "yes sure." I say. "grrrreat." He pur's. I flop on to my bed. Its almost the lunar season. I always get depressed around the lunar season. I sit on my bed and cry. "The holo-grammer rings again. It's Arion. My best friend. I haven't seen him lately because we are in different clas's and I have been spending my lunches with Draco. Arion 's body is projected into my room. "Pearl?" He ask's. He see's me crying and his little clone like hologram disappears. I just cry harder. I hear a tap on the little dome of my bedroom. The hatch opens and in steps Arion. His sandy blond hair looks wind swept and perfect. "Pearl, don't do this to your self." He whispers and steps closer to my bed. I just burst out with more tears. Sobbing all over the place. "Pearl snap out of it!" He yells. "Please!" The room grows cold and I can hear a slowing heart beat. The walls swim around and I can't focus. Arion has me in his arms. Gently he rocks me back and forth and I quiet down. "Pearl, please." I can tell he's thinking about the time I was hospitalized. The room still wont focus. I gasp for air like I would if I hadn't had my oxygen shot. I start to burn up hotter than the sun. I can tell his is having trouble holding me because I'm radiating so much heat. But I can't let go. Somehow he continues to hold on. We both know where this is going. It's not the first time I've got this depressed. Throwing open the hatch he drags me out into space. His rough hands slowly move in circles on my back until I breath properly. Holding on to my hand he genlty pulls me too a warp hole. We speed threw space and time ending up on a little planet with grass. We sit together under a large tree. "Pearl?" He asks after I have stopped crying. "I'm ok I say and stand up." That one movement so simple and easy tip's my world and I land in his arms.
I wake up and Arions staring into my eyes. "focus." He whispers and I stare deep into his eyes. He's close, close enough to feel his breath on my cheek. He's breathing hard. I reslise he has done this before. Every time I get like this he's here keeping me from diving over the edge. "Pearl look in to my eyes. Now calm down." His voice is soft and caring. I reach my arms up around his neck, and hug him close. He draws me closer. "Pearl, I have never told you...." He trails off and gazes away. I look deeper into his eyes. He moves closer and kiss's me. I freeze. No way could this be happening. But it does. We kiss sweetly and softly. "Pearrrrrrrl?" I hear Dracos voice coming from just behind me. "Oh crap" I say and turn around.
Pearls out fit

4 Comments:
I assume Arayan is "Orion". Normally I wouldn't point that out but Arayan is the term Hitler used for those people he believed would form his "perfect race". Orion is the star guy with a belt.
I kind of wish this place was real. Non-practical footwear that is pretty all the time? Hey, sign me up for Moonland!
Urisa - BEAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!
Draco is started to creep me out, but oh! He's dreamy.
Pearl got to wear a 50s dinner dress! Hooray! If they really were monsters, they would make her wear an 80s dress.
*shudders* Shoulderpads.
This is still very original and I liked it.
KB.
By
Kalinka, at 4:11 p.m.
OMG
I'm so sorry I totaly forgot I was just looking for another way to spell Orion! I'm soo sorry to any one I may have insulted! I cant use the spelling O-r-i-o-n becuse well I can't tell you why its all part of the story. Crap I'v said too much! Oh well I'll change it. Again soooooooo sorry to anyone who took ofence!
By
A girl and her horse, at 4:21 p.m.
Ok I think I got all of them. And just to tell poeple Arions eyes are green not blue. I did think it was right he had blond hair its deffinitly not ment to be racist. It all has to do with the story.
By
A girl and her horse, at 4:29 p.m.
It's okay Spacekylaia, I can't say that I would have pick up on that little typo were it me who was writing it. Don't feel too bad about it, nobody here thinks that you're a racist.
Marr Vell
By
Marr, at 4:49 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home