Letters from the sunset

Monday, October 09, 2006

Oh dear. No ones writing anything! Whaaaa right now its whats keeping me sane so if you guys wont write I will make you suffer threw mine. *cakkles* Ok so here goes.....
OMG! I just wrotesome thing but it was so boring I had to erase it. I think I'll write more on my story.
I raised an eyebrow and strode over to him on my way over I triped over a squate, hairy little man. He yelled angerly at me "where is it! what have you done with it?"
"What have you lost sir" I asked.
"My key," he snapped at me.
I frowned and wondered "what key?"
"My key to my box" He sobbed.
This guy aws strange one heart beat he was angery then the next sad.
"Do you mind if I ask whats in the box?" I stamerd.
"A key you snaggle wart!" He yelled.
"A snaggle wart? Whats a snaggle wart?" I slowly loseing sight of the conversation thread wondered.
His eyes widened in shock "A snaggle wart? Where? Did it have my key?"
Now I must say I was confused, more than normal. Ever since the incident I had not slept and it was starting to take its tole. My head still in a fog from meeting Joneus and the scary crazy man I felt faint. Shuddering I forced my self to fouces. I was Kylaia I could fix any problem. Even this guys. I took a deep soothing breth, the way Fiaro had taught me too and asked, "what did thiskey look like?"
The little wizard furrowed his brows and was complealty silent. I could hear the other wizards mumbaling softaly and chating spells. I took his silence at study him. He was small came up to my sholders maby, He wroe the colours of a older mage. Deep blue. His eyes I noteced where a lush sea green and he had little to no hair on his head. I then rmember something about Mages a roving story teller had once told me. "Wizards are a strange folk, they hide things and lock them away but never will you find a key." I smiled.
Carfully I chose my words playing into his natural pride. Did I mention Wizareds are pride full poeple its a efect of the spells and what not. "A supoir mind like your self would not use a object that can be esaly lost or stolen eazaly. But insted a spell to lock a important box such as the one you have." He nodded a smile creeping onto his face. Even I din't see it comeing when he grabed my hand and gerked my around the room singing "Huzza for Kylaia, Huzza for Kylaia she's done it! Shes solved my problems! He pulled me over too the mage who seemed to be in charge. He had his back too us and like every one else had his back too us. My little mage friend poked him in the small of the back. Slowly he turned around. "yes murous?" His voice was suprisingly soft and clam for such a big man. Murous (I guess thats what they called him) started gabbering away like a young maiden. The young mage turned to me and took my hand. Kissing it he intorduced himself as Gorderin head mage. I smiled and introduced my self. "we've been telling him for moths he usedc a spell insted of a key." Gorderin chuckled. "Don't worrie he makes no sence to everyone but himself. Some say he was destaind to be head mage when a spell went bad. Hes never been the same since."
"So what now?" I asked a question I wanted for once someone else to awnsere.
"Help him open the box, you might find it...... helpfull." He wisperd as he turnd back to his couldron.
I took a look around Murous was siting on the floor muttering to himself. "Do you remember the incantation?" I tryed.
"course I do!" He yelled. "But I need somethings. Some Vertin Berries, a flask of wiskey and a candal."
I nodded and left.
Around Midday I found myself in a little pub, The Black Sheep. It was small and well cared for. I sat down at a table. I should rest I thought. Not now though. I could rest later. I orderd the daily chatch. A large mug of brownish liquid and a tout was placed befor me. I ate veary little of the trout. It hurt to much. Memories floated on the seface and threated to drag me down. To clear my head I reached for my drink. As I raised it to my lips a overwellming smell hit me. It was the smell of men after they drank. I slamed my mug down but to late I was raceing back in time to somewhere compleatly different.
I sat willing this to be over. I hated watching this perticular vision it was reoccouing. I wanted to cry but could not. I wanted to clse my eyes but the vison was their to, so I sat and watched. Three women, the vison was always three women. Three men. They where being held by three men who where stroking them in places I didn't want to think about. The men always smelt of what was in my glass. I truned my head this time I could see other thing, a huge man was being restrained by three other men. His eyes where wide in shoke as he watch the men caresss the women. I turned my body so I could see behind me and gasped. Joneus! He was fighting off more men who all smelt of the strange liquid. Some how I knew he would win.
I was back. In the pub mug in hand about to take a sip of the vile liquide infront of me. I let out a shreak and threw my mug across the room where it splint and shaterd. All eyes where on me. My face flushed and I relised how that must of looked. "what our wiskey not good enough for you?" It hit me in a hert beat of a humming bird. Wiskey. I sat down and went back to my trout but I couldn't settle. The bar tender walked over and I payed for the glass I broke. He sat down and I asked him about Virtin berries and bought a flask of wiskey. He told me there was a patch of berries growing along the south wall of his pub and I was privy to all I wanted. I rushed out and in my exitment or embarisment I'm not sure which tripped on a rock. Slam! I was on the ground in a moment. I picked myself up and walked slowly to get the Virtin Berries. My arm bled.
On the brige back to the mages tower I thought about my day. The sun was soon seting and it was geting cold. I wondered where I would be staying tonight. As I walked up the flight of stairs that would lead me to murous and finding what was in that box I paused. I had to sit for a moment no sleep was slowly starting to draw my strength away from me. I pushed open the door too see it had changed. Insted of many mages hunched over smokey coldrons there where many doors leading into seperat rooms. a door in the middle creaked open and Murous stood aside. I truged in. I set my things down on a table and sat in the chair indicated. Murous no longer looked stressed but now calm. He set too work. I let my eyes wander. Many cabnits and shelves where stacked full of books and neatly organised jars. Unlike this morning it was clean. Not a speak of dust. And well lit too. I search for the soure of light. Non was to be found. Murous cleared his throte. He was standing in the middle of a penticle drawn with berrie juice. a box sat in the middle with the candal Kylaia had found in her pack, on it. He started muttering and the strang light dimmed. He raced about the room chanteing and danceing. He jumped up and landed on the hem on his robe. He picked him self up and started muttering again.
"ah me no beeous,
Eternum ech maller frandis
squibble wab."
Panting he stoped and scratched his head . "What comes next?"
I was totaly taken aback and said the first thing that came to mind.
"Open it now." I felt I had some how said the right thing ........ for once. He walked over and handed it to me. "I know not what to do with it." I stammered. He looked me in the eyes and mimmiked me "Open it now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home