I drift past the floating colonie of planet Mars. Thousands of tiny pin pricks of light shine and wink at me. I see threw the dome that covers the arctic pole some wierd looking animals called penguins. They waddle aroud weid down by some stupid thing call gravity. (Just another dumb sience word.) I watch their black and white bodys moving happily along the snow. (another stupid word that Mrs. Hydra thinks we need to know but we don't.) "Snow" I say the word out loud testing it on my toung. If my mom hadn't sent me to outer space when she thought the world was gunna blow I could be makeing those things called snow men. Insted we make lunar dust men. See every year in the winter the stars give off their quantity of lunar dust and we have a celebrtion. There are Star cluster cakes. And Ulk fruits for sale. I'm lost in my memories of Lunar star dust day and lose the path I was navigating only to drift past Indus. The first star colony. Tomorow I wont cut class I silently promise the grave's.
"Please stand for the singing of our nantional anthem." Head Gal Lacerta calls to us. "Nice of you to join us Pearl." Mr. Gurs my planitart arts teacher says in my ear. I just nod. Ok I silently say. I'm here, at your cerimonie, Indus poeple. We have all see them. The bodies the the dead "technological pioners." So it isn't a shock when the bodies of the 40 wmen and men come up on the holo-projector. They died trying to save humanity. Of course no one ever mentions that they never knew that they could die. They where never told that they where the lab rats of the goverment. When the earth looked like it was gong to blow up from some kind of house gasess. Blue or pink or green something like that. The goverment developed the first space hotel. They relised that they would need more than 50 luxourouse rooms to house all of humanity so they set up the star colonie of Indus. Those 40 lab rats never did find their cheese. But they died trying. Since I'm already in this black hole they call school I might as well stay. we arnt allowed to go home for luch. They lock the doors. Thats how many kids cut school. I sit by my self in the first observation room. Its a small, old place that no one but me visits. The fifth observ room is where mostly everyone is. Its new and you can sit on actual grass and look up at the stars. In my little verion of observ. 5 Everything is covered in blue shag carpet. The walls, the floor. Its all new carpet but since no one but me comes here they never found out that observ. 1 was re-finished. Even the old glasss dome was replaced. Its just as nice as any of the other observatories but No one will ever know but me. I positivly glow with that realisation. But my glory is short lived. "Arrrrre you alone herre?" A voice with a thick earth acsent wispers in my ear. I almost jump and hit the polished dome. Ok maby not but it scarded me. I just nod. "Do you mind eff I afe a seat?" It's a male voice. I nod. He sits across from me. He has dark olive tonned skin and black hole hair. Its so dark it sucks up light. His features are sharp and handsome. "I am new in this school and this drrrifting worrrld of yourrr's." I notece he has rolled his R's. "What class are you in?" He asks. "Mrs. Gemini's." I awnsere. "Oh me too!" He sounds pleased. "Maby you could be showing me how to." He guesture around. I like him already. He's so nice and he 's new so he doesn't know I'm a colpleat loser. I nod. "Oh thank you!" He leans over and kiss's my cheek. I jump back. "I'm being so sorrrry!" He studderd. "Where I was born it is a showing of thanks you's." I like this guy more and more. "Its ok." I'm suprised my normaly shy voice has been coached out of its hiding spot. He tells me his name is Draco. We talk for an hour about thing that intrestus. He likes horrer books and hate garlick. Cross's are never lowed in his house because of some religouse reson and he is deathly allergice to the suns U.V. ray's or something like that. I telll him things that I never botherd to tell my mom. I like horrer books too, I hate garlick (makes your breath smell bad) and well I don't see alot of the sun. Standing up I tell him its time for class. I toss my hair back and lead him too our first class.
A week has pased and I haven't sciped school once. It's like some sort of record. Today me and Draco have decided to go over to his house. I have taught him how to drift well sorta. He's geting it. He brings me to a quaint little homeing station. "Mama should be home any time soon." He says and leads me to the basment, its totaly black down there and I stop whaiting for him to turn on the lights. Instead he takes my hand and we drift into a dimly lit room which I guess ishis. We sit down infront of a large holo-grammer but leave it off. "Pearrrl." he says rolling the R's in my name. "I, Can I.....?" He pauses and becomes queiter. I move closer. He reaches out and grabes my shoulders. Pulling me into his embrace he kiss's me. Hard at first then he lessens the pressure and kiss's me softaly. We pull apart and there is silence. "Pearl I am being so embaresed! I-I-" He stuters. "I am so ssss," but I silence him the only way I know how. I kiss him. This time when we pull apart there is a nuteral silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dun-dun dahhhhhhhhh! More later maby if I feel this piece is actualy worth something.
"Please stand for the singing of our nantional anthem." Head Gal Lacerta calls to us. "Nice of you to join us Pearl." Mr. Gurs my planitart arts teacher says in my ear. I just nod. Ok I silently say. I'm here, at your cerimonie, Indus poeple. We have all see them. The bodies the the dead "technological pioners." So it isn't a shock when the bodies of the 40 wmen and men come up on the holo-projector. They died trying to save humanity. Of course no one ever mentions that they never knew that they could die. They where never told that they where the lab rats of the goverment. When the earth looked like it was gong to blow up from some kind of house gasess. Blue or pink or green something like that. The goverment developed the first space hotel. They relised that they would need more than 50 luxourouse rooms to house all of humanity so they set up the star colonie of Indus. Those 40 lab rats never did find their cheese. But they died trying. Since I'm already in this black hole they call school I might as well stay. we arnt allowed to go home for luch. They lock the doors. Thats how many kids cut school. I sit by my self in the first observation room. Its a small, old place that no one but me visits. The fifth observ room is where mostly everyone is. Its new and you can sit on actual grass and look up at the stars. In my little verion of observ. 5 Everything is covered in blue shag carpet. The walls, the floor. Its all new carpet but since no one but me comes here they never found out that observ. 1 was re-finished. Even the old glasss dome was replaced. Its just as nice as any of the other observatories but No one will ever know but me. I positivly glow with that realisation. But my glory is short lived. "Arrrrre you alone herre?" A voice with a thick earth acsent wispers in my ear. I almost jump and hit the polished dome. Ok maby not but it scarded me. I just nod. "Do you mind eff I afe a seat?" It's a male voice. I nod. He sits across from me. He has dark olive tonned skin and black hole hair. Its so dark it sucks up light. His features are sharp and handsome. "I am new in this school and this drrrifting worrrld of yourrr's." I notece he has rolled his R's. "What class are you in?" He asks. "Mrs. Gemini's." I awnsere. "Oh me too!" He sounds pleased. "Maby you could be showing me how to." He guesture around. I like him already. He's so nice and he 's new so he doesn't know I'm a colpleat loser. I nod. "Oh thank you!" He leans over and kiss's my cheek. I jump back. "I'm being so sorrrry!" He studderd. "Where I was born it is a showing of thanks you's." I like this guy more and more. "Its ok." I'm suprised my normaly shy voice has been coached out of its hiding spot. He tells me his name is Draco. We talk for an hour about thing that intrestus. He likes horrer books and hate garlick. Cross's are never lowed in his house because of some religouse reson and he is deathly allergice to the suns U.V. ray's or something like that. I telll him things that I never botherd to tell my mom. I like horrer books too, I hate garlick (makes your breath smell bad) and well I don't see alot of the sun. Standing up I tell him its time for class. I toss my hair back and lead him too our first class.
A week has pased and I haven't sciped school once. It's like some sort of record. Today me and Draco have decided to go over to his house. I have taught him how to drift well sorta. He's geting it. He brings me to a quaint little homeing station. "Mama should be home any time soon." He says and leads me to the basment, its totaly black down there and I stop whaiting for him to turn on the lights. Instead he takes my hand and we drift into a dimly lit room which I guess ishis. We sit down infront of a large holo-grammer but leave it off. "Pearrrl." he says rolling the R's in my name. "I, Can I.....?" He pauses and becomes queiter. I move closer. He reaches out and grabes my shoulders. Pulling me into his embrace he kiss's me. Hard at first then he lessens the pressure and kiss's me softaly. We pull apart and there is silence. "Pearl I am being so embaresed! I-I-" He stuters. "I am so ssss," but I silence him the only way I know how. I kiss him. This time when we pull apart there is a nuteral silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dun-dun dahhhhhhhhh! More later maby if I feel this piece is actualy worth something.

1 Comments:
I didn't see this piece until now, I don't know how I missed it before.
I have to say it's a pretty original concept:
Space School Vampire Romance!
I am interested to read more, and isn't that what counts in the end?
KB.
By
Kalinka, at 6:04 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home