Letters from the sunset

Friday, August 25, 2006

Yay! Last nights I picked the henna off my hand so I can move it now!
It actuality hurt to move it. I was surprised cause it hurt so much. But I got a cool temporary tattoo so all fair in love and war..... I'm wondering where that camp from? Oh well now you guys have to suffer through another part in my story LOL! I've been trying different styes of writing and the one I used last time is getting boring so I hope you don't mind this is from Kylaia's perspective and not a narraration. You'll have to tell me which 1 you like better.
As the sun rose painting the sky firery red, shimmerng gold, and a robins egg blue I came upon a bridges. It was large and well crafted oh my I thought as I drew nearer. This is it! A traveler had recently stopped in my village telling tales of this bridgs and what a wonder it was. Funny it was probably only a week ago but I felt like it had been forever. Thinking about his words I ran to meet the bridges. My eyes popped as I relished it was stone! I had never seen a bridges so large made of stone before. The bridges its self was probably a mile long! Ok maybe not. But I was blow away. I had only ventured to the next city for the solstice celebrations. So I hadn't seen many bridges. Running my hand over its strange surface I marveled it was smooth and there where strange carvings in it. Wondering I smiled I wish I could read it I sighed I was rumored to tell tales of courageous men and women who had walked the bridges. A small boy stared as I sckiped past I then realized I looked a fool. It was just a bridge. If I was to survive in the big old world I would have too look less new at this. I slowed my pace and closed my mouth. There at least I looked half decent. Sighing I stopped and asked my self who I was kidding. I walked to the side of the bridges and peered over Water wasn't the best thing for me to gaze into but I wanted to know how I looked. I immediately regretted it. I saw my self surrounded. By worriers with swords, bows and staffs one a boy looked ready to charge I let out a scream as he ran at my figure then the image disappeared in a whirl of current. Shaken I held the rail to steady my self. Ok I thought you'll find how you look later I thought as I walked the rest of the way over the bridges. The sight of the tower blew me away. After living in a busy but small town I had never seem anything this size. It was a huge silver building almost blinding me in the light. Around it a forest thrived and swayed in the wind. Wizards where pride full people. They loved showing off their powers and their welt. I guessed what they lived in was not exception. As I neared the dazzling tower I noticed the wizards all clothed in thick blue robes. Each held a magical staff toped with a different coloured crystal. I suddenly felt self conscious again as I realized who shabby I looked. My once stunning dress of dark green was now tattered and torn. It hung with bits taken out of it. The selves which had once been a lighter green and hung loosely at my sides now where only memorizes. What used to have reached to the ground now when to farther than my knees. Sighing I straitened it out well I'd come all this way I was not to be put off by my skirts. I hoisted my pack of persouse unburned items over my shoulder and opened the heavy oak door. If I thought the out side was impressive {which I did} I was soon to be blown
away. The hole place was amazing! Books lined every wall visible, tables full of wizards studying where crammed in. I marveled at how silent they where not a peep escaped the lips of the wizards so caught up in their books they didn't even agnowlege my coming in. I made my way under a golden arch way to a large stone stair case. I had claimed half way up when it hit me! A smell that was neither good nor bad filled my nostrils. It was like rosemary infused with grass and cinnamon. It was magic! I had heard that magic smell different to people with different levels of exposure to it. When I reached the second floor a wave of sound hit me! A almost fell back to the deathly silent floor beneath me. I walked into a scene of case. The blue robed wizards ran about large cauldrons. Some held ancient looking books and others held various ingredients. Some ran mutter things like "more Bart berries" or "where is that blasted boy with my frigy walls?" I look in on at the utter anarchy and soon saw a tall man peering over a smoking cauldron. He had startling blue eyes to match his bright blue robes. He looked to be in charge of this, this catastrofy. Glimpsing up he caught my eye and winked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home