"first date clothing" I say into the tiny microphone. I shudder at the files of clothing it pulls up. "uh hem with the parents" This time clothing that doesn't look like I would freeze to death in comes up. I settle for a green skirts and a white corset top with no sleeves. As a last thought I slip a pair of jeans underneath. I grab a brush and feverishly drag it threw my long thick black hair. My holo-gramer snaps to life as a incoming call rings in.
"hello?" Oriyans face grins at me.
"hey" I smile ( its a new habit)
"You look...." he trails off "amazing. You did that just for me?" he asks.
I stare blankly at him.
"Pearl, remember?"
I think my mouth hits the floor. Of course, last year I was so depressed on my birthday he promised to take me to see Indus. Its my birthday today. No matter how happy I have become I still remembered. My birthday was the day I was sent to space, it was the day I found out my mother died, it was the day I found out my father left my mother for another woman, it was the day I had to grow up and tell my self my family was gone. Every last person except Aunt Urisa,
I freeze.
Urisa
Urisa is a constellation. I never noticed before but my aunt has a constellation for a name. That can't be true! She has to be my aunt. But I get no time to dwell on my mounting confusing. I have to tell Oriyan something...but what?
"I um, I'm spending my birthday with my aunt this year" I stammer out a weak reply.
His face falls "Its okay then I know you need to be near your family"
His image disappears.
I feel terrible. I just lied to one of my only friends. Oriyan has always been there for me. But the door bell rings interrupting my thoughts. I take a big breath and answer the door.
"Pearrrrrrrl" Dracco purrs my name and I melt inside. He stands a little box in hand, black button up shirt and blue jeans. "Happy birrrrrthday" Why does it sound so much better when he says it? He pulls me into a bear hug "time for you to meet Papa"
I smile and jump into his star cruiser. Ultra chique, Ultra cool. Just like him.
He types in where he wants to go and we're off. He slides next to me and pushes the box into my lap. "Open it!"
"Okay, okay" Very slowly to tease him I unwrap the beautiful box. I almost cry when I see it. He has managed somehow to get his hands on a set of pearls. They remind me of my earth memory, snow. I pull them from the box mesmerised by their glossy shine. On the middle of the string is a purple pearl. A single purple pearl. He takes the necklace from my hands "These arrrre all the otherrrrr girrrrrls in the worrrrld, all the same and boring." he says stroking the white ones. "and this is you. Yourrr unique, you arre amazing and you look the best to me."
I am biting my lip to keep from crying now. But great big tears spring from my eyes.
:you don't like it?" he asks
"NO I love it, its just so perfect."
"If its perrrrfect then it it suits you."
He hugs me tightly and kisses my nose.
"stop crrrying or mama will think I'm bad to you."
I laugh.
By the time we're pull up to his door I've got myself together. This will be the best birthday ever.
Oh how wrong I was.
"hello?" Oriyans face grins at me.
"hey" I smile ( its a new habit)
"You look...." he trails off "amazing. You did that just for me?" he asks.
I stare blankly at him.
"Pearl, remember?"
I think my mouth hits the floor. Of course, last year I was so depressed on my birthday he promised to take me to see Indus. Its my birthday today. No matter how happy I have become I still remembered. My birthday was the day I was sent to space, it was the day I found out my mother died, it was the day I found out my father left my mother for another woman, it was the day I had to grow up and tell my self my family was gone. Every last person except Aunt Urisa,
I freeze.
Urisa
Urisa is a constellation. I never noticed before but my aunt has a constellation for a name. That can't be true! She has to be my aunt. But I get no time to dwell on my mounting confusing. I have to tell Oriyan something...but what?
"I um, I'm spending my birthday with my aunt this year" I stammer out a weak reply.
His face falls "Its okay then I know you need to be near your family"
His image disappears.
I feel terrible. I just lied to one of my only friends. Oriyan has always been there for me. But the door bell rings interrupting my thoughts. I take a big breath and answer the door.
"Pearrrrrrrl" Dracco purrs my name and I melt inside. He stands a little box in hand, black button up shirt and blue jeans. "Happy birrrrrthday" Why does it sound so much better when he says it? He pulls me into a bear hug "time for you to meet Papa"
I smile and jump into his star cruiser. Ultra chique, Ultra cool. Just like him.
He types in where he wants to go and we're off. He slides next to me and pushes the box into my lap. "Open it!"
"Okay, okay" Very slowly to tease him I unwrap the beautiful box. I almost cry when I see it. He has managed somehow to get his hands on a set of pearls. They remind me of my earth memory, snow. I pull them from the box mesmerised by their glossy shine. On the middle of the string is a purple pearl. A single purple pearl. He takes the necklace from my hands "These arrrre all the otherrrrr girrrrrls in the worrrrld, all the same and boring." he says stroking the white ones. "and this is you. Yourrr unique, you arre amazing and you look the best to me."
I am biting my lip to keep from crying now. But great big tears spring from my eyes.
:you don't like it?" he asks
"NO I love it, its just so perfect."
"If its perrrrfect then it it suits you."
He hugs me tightly and kisses my nose.
"stop crrrying or mama will think I'm bad to you."
I laugh.
By the time we're pull up to his door I've got myself together. This will be the best birthday ever.
Oh how wrong I was.

4 Comments:
This was a lot of fun to read. I love this world that you have created, filled with really strange settings but still really "human" characters.
A necklace with one purple pearl? Awww. I would be crying too, if I wasn't convinced by now that Draco is maybe evil.
~K.
By
Anonymous, at 7:36 a.m.
Awww, sorry to hear about your bad week Kylaia! I've been deathly ill, so I *sort of* of know how you feel, but maybe not.
):
*sends emergency happy vibes and hugs towards Kylaialand*
Concerned,
~K.
By
Anonymous, at 8:26 p.m.
Kylaia, I'm not positive that this is your problem. But since you have a Google account now you need to log in using the e-mail address that you used to create the Google account and the password that you created with the account. If you forgot the password, I think that they have a way for you to make a new one with an e-mail or recover the old one.
Marr Vell
By
Anonymous, at 1:21 p.m.
Oh wait, you can't read that until you log in. Nevermind then.
By
Anonymous, at 1:22 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home